"Promoting equal access to education for 440 children living in poor rural and urban areas in Albania"
The project entitled "Promoting equal access to education for 440 children living in poor rural and urban areas in Albania" was funded by the European Commission in Albania- EIDHR Instrument. This project lasting 18 months, January 2014 - June 2015, had the overall objective of ensuring equal access to education for children from rural and urban poor areas of Shkodra, Puka and Kombinat-Tirana. Direct beneficiaries of this project were 440 children at risk of dropping out of school from 11 schools of the 9-year system education, children's families, and pedagogical staff of 11 schools involved in the project.
The project had as a specific objective to promote children's rights and prevention of school dropouts in 11 schools in rural and remote areas of Shkodra, Puka and Kombinat - Tirana, in partnership with the Regional Education Directorate of Shkodra and in institutional cooperation with Education Offices of Malesia e Madhe and Puka
The results obtained by the developed activity are:
· 35 Representative from Local institutions in the three targeted areas aware on issues regarding the children’s right
· 53 pedagogical staff from the 11 elementary targeted schools, raised their capacities on school dropout prevention methodology.
· Monitoring the pedagogical staff of 11 schools from local and international experts.
· 240 parents raise their awareness on issues regarding children welfare.
· 440 children in risk of school dropout participating in 2644 hour of after school support and 2113 hours of animation activities (improving children's attendance at school and increasing academic skills by 1-2 grades more from the beginning to the end of the project).
· 440 children in risk of school dropout participate in 25 cultural and historical trips in Albania.
A summary of the methodology used during the project implementation is prepared in a stamped document and is disseminated in other elementary
The future begins now. Believe, make the difference!
Together in a new adventure. The AVSI Foundation, in partnership with the International Association for Solidarity - SHIS, and the Women Development Association of Shkodra - MDG, carries out the Pr
Summer Activities 2018
A day long awaited by all! Positive messages and endless emotions were conveyed by the children on this closing day of Summer Activities 2018.✔️Energy ✔️Artists ✔️Specificity ✔️Char
Successfully conclude the first year of the project "Future Community: Social Inclusion Interventions and the Labor Market for Orphans of Shkodra"
Successfully conclude the first year of the project "Future Community: Social Inclusion Interventions and the Labor Market for Orphans of Shkodra", funded by the Italian Agency for Cooperation and D
Kick off meeting
Together in this new adventure. AVSI Foundation in partnership with International Association for Solidarity(SHIS) and Women in Development Shkodër (WIDSH), realized the Kick off Meeting of &l
Accreditation of training modules
KAT (Accreditation and Training Commission) accredited the SHIS 14 training modules for educational figures.
Recreational and fun activities with children
The International Association for Solidarity - SHIS, through its day center "Little Prince" organized an educational activity in the premises of the 9-year school "Musine Kokalari" in Kombin
GIVE BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU
Many are the ones who need it. We know that we can not at all respond to all the needs we face, but we are convinced that with the view and personal sacrifice we can broadcast that even those in nee
Our mission is to promote human dignity in all its expressions.
Ermira AzermadhiExecutive Director
Eni RikaFinance Manager
Roberta ProfkaProgram Director
Enkeleda PllumbajLocal Coordinator
Jora HysaEducational Coordinator